Climate Support Facility
Through a dedicated Climate Support Facility (CSF), the GCCA intra-ACP Programme offers experts to provide short-term customised technical assistance and training to ACP member states.
This Facility consists of a pool of experts in a range of areas related to climate change. These experts are mobilised on demand to provide the customised technical assistance requested by beneficiaries in ACP countries.
Expertise is available through the Climate Support Facility to help with:
- trainings, workshops, capacity building
- project identification/formulation, feasibility studies
- assessment of projects and help to access funding
- policy development, strategies, roadmaps preparation
Examples of services provided in the past are featured in the teasers below. You can access detailed information and related documents or pictures by clicking on these teasers.
The first phase of the CSF is now closed and no more assistance can be provided before the second phase is launched (foreseen in 2017). It is however possible to express interest. Requests will be kept aside until the second phase is launched.
Who can apply for support
This support is open to anyone based in an ACP country: including public or private sector organisations, NGOs, CSOs, and Universities.
The procedure is very quick and simple:
Once you have submitted your request for technical assistance through the online form, the ACP Climate Change Expert will get back to you and help you prepare the terms of reference of a technical assistance mission with you. This phase will be faster if you already have a clear vision of the assistance you need, the profile of expertise required, the tasks to be done, outputs to be produced and time to be spent. To help you define what you need, you can have a look at the terms of reference of previous implemented mission by clicking on the teasers of these mission featured below.
Once the terms of reference are finalised and approved, they are provided to the Climate Support Facility for implementation. At this stage there are two possibilities:
- You have identified that the technical assistance required can be implemented by one of the three key experts of the CSF team. In this case the preparation of the mission can start immediately.
- You are looking for a specific expertise which cannot be provided by one of the key experts. In this case we will look for an adequate expert and submit a CV to you for approval within two weeks. As soon as the expert or team of expert is approved the preparation of the mission can start.
The mobilisation of adequate technical assistance can be therefore quick and, when the terms of reference are defined, the experts could be in the field within a month.
How to access the support
You can apply for support on this website through the On-line application form.
Achievements of the CSF
From its entry into force in June 2012 until the end of the first phase of the Climate Support Facility 41 missions have been implemented in beneficiary countries which are listed here below: