|9 November 2016|
|16:30-18:00, EU Pavilion|
Marrakesh COP22, UNFCCC
Other COP22 side events
GCCA+ Side-event, COP22 Marrakesh, Morocco
Mobilising Climate Change Finance for Adaptation
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 climate action stakeholders met on the side-lines of the COP22 summit in Marrakesh to discuss the role of finance in tackling the adverse effects of climate change and promoting sustainable development.
“Climate change finance is critical for delivering the Paris (COP21) initiatives,” remarked one participant in a new film produced by the Global Climate Change Alliance+ to capture the highlights of the side-event.
It was an opportunity for the climate community – including civil society, the private/public sector and local actors – to meet the finance community and explore more effective ways to fund different climate change initiatives, from local projects through to national-level programmes.
“Climate change has become everyone’s business,” concluded panelist Raul De Luzenberger of the European Commission. Events like the GCCA+ ‘Mobilising Climate Change Finance for Adaptation’ give voice to the needs of diverse stakeholders as they go about the task of implementing the Paris Agreement on the ground.
Here you can watch the COP22 Marrakesh, Morocco
- Representatives from the Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO)
- Peter Jackson, Director of Development Finance Practice Area, United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
- Barbara Buchner, Executive Director, Climate Policy Initiative (CPI)
- Annaka Peterson, Senior Programme Officer of the Adaptation Finance Accountability Initiative (OXFAM, Overseas Development Institute, World Resources Institute)
- Santhosh Jayaram, Partner and Head of Sustainability and CSR Advisory (KPMG India)
- Direct action on countries’ domestic policy and budgeting frameworks
- Ensuring adaptation finance effectively reaches those who need it the most
- Incentives for low-carbon growth through green SMEs
- Putting innovation to drive finance for climate resilience under the spotlight