Designing and delivering effective technical support is central to the GCCA+ initiative. It is committed to bolstering the capacity of vulnerable countries and their communities to respond to the challenge of climate change by:
- Identifying, designing, implementing and monitoring climate change interventions in the world’s most climate-vulnerable countries. Click on the map to see the programmes in each country;
- Helping developing countries to implement national commitments in line with the Paris Agreement; and
- Supporting sustainable, climate-smart and resilient development.
The GCCA+ Support Facility (SF) offers ad-hoc support to EU Delegations and development partners implementing GCCA+ projects in targeted countries at different phases of their implementation (programming, identification, formulation, implementation, evaluation) in the form of:
- Remote support, including the provision of templates for terms of reference, help to start a project, support in launching or assessing results of calls for proposals, helping to develop a project communications strategy, and support in developing terms of reference for evaluation, among others.
- Field support, including training sessions, analysis of capacity development/training needs, identification and formulation missions; providing technical assistance to strengthen institutional capacity to monitor, report on and verify implementation of (NDCs) under the UNFCCC Paris Agreement; and supporting institutional capacity for implementing, monitoring and reporting on climate actions and climate finance at the country level.
- Ad-hoc support to institutions working in eligible countries (field or remote support missions).
Requests for technical assistance can be made either by GCCA+ focal points based in EU Delegations or by project managers. The duration of such ad-hoc support will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The Support Facility can also provide training and capacity building.
Read the 2019 Orientation Package