Intra-ACP Climate Change Talks in Belize
July 5, 2013
The Intra-ACP Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA) Programme (1) will hold its First Regional Technical Meeting (RTM) on 16 - 17 July, 2013 at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel, San Ignacio, Cayo District in Belize. The objective is to raise interest in the programme; establish thematic working groups in order to enhance networking and communication and facilitate exchange of information and expertise within the GCCA Intra-ACP Programme. The outcomes of the RTM will benefit the discussions in the Second Programme Steering Committee meeting on 18 – 19 July 2013 (closed meeting), which will focus on programme implementation in the ACP regions among other issues
“The adverse impacts of climate change are a major concern for the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) group of States. I believe the services provided by the GCCA Intra-ACP Programme will inspire those at the forefront of the fight against climate change for the benefit of the most vulnerable people across the regions and around the world” stated the Assistant Secretary-General, ACP Secretariat, Dr. Achille Bassilekin III.
“Climate change is happening. ACP countries are facing serious impacts of climate change on lives and livelihoods” said Dr. Pendo MARO, Technical Assistant to the ACP Secretariat – GCCA Intra-ACP Programme. “The two-day meeting will bring together experts and practitioners from across the ACP region and beyond, creating synergies and constructive interactions towards finding viable solutions to addressing climate change impacts in the regions.”, she added.
Speaking at the opening ceremony will be representatives from:
• Government of Belize
• Delegation of the European Union to Belize
• Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC)
• ACP Secretariat
• About the GCCA Intra-ACP Programme: please visit our website: http://www.gcca.eu/intra-acp or contact: Dr. Pendo MARO, Technical Assistant to the ACP Secretariat : email@example.com or +32 495 281 494
• About the upcoming meeting in Belize : please contact Ms Mariata NDIAYE SY, Communication Officer : firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 470 80 91 38
(1) About the Programme: The GCCA Intra-ACP Programme is a component of the Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA) which specifically targets the ACP group of States, helping them to better tackle climate change as a challenge to their development. It is an initiative of the ACP group of states funded by the European Commission and implemented by the ACP Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium.